Thursday 25 August 2011

Give it up for Saturn in Pisces!


Ha! My year group are the business!!

Here's the results from the headteacher:

"I am delighted that we have consolidated all the progress we made last year, and continued our upward trend.

We have had our highest ever results (53% A*CEM) a big increase in A*-A results (25%, from 21% last year) and a big jump in 5+A*-C (from 74% last year to 82% this year).

This is due to all our hard work for our students. We couldn’t have done more."

My next year group will have Jupiter in Gemini/Cancer and Saturn in Taurus/Gemini. . .a bit more of a challenge as not all of them have Saturn in the same sign as last time. But if we keep feeding them and giving them stuff to read. . .hey hey, we'll have some scholars on our hands!

3 comments:

Ninth House said...

Thanks for sharing this experience Alex - it happens all too frequently that astrology is put forward as a subject where its practitioners are supposed incapable of thinking critically. As here, this is done by people who don't understand the subject and have never approach it critically. It's not of interest to me what other people think of the subject either, since I know most understand it less than I do and I have no desire to educate everyone I meet. But like you I have also lost my willingness to wear the 'kick me' sign on my butt. The truth about the empirical argument is that the most well known experiment that was supposed to disprove astrology has been re-evaluated to show 'statistically significant' support for its claims. (See http://www.theoryofastrology.com/carlson/carlson.htm ). Fact is that there is a great deal of positive support for astrology within empirical testing, but you will be very hard pressed to find the positive reportes withint ht epublications that are supposed to be objective.

Ninth House said...

Not sure how, but I got labeled 'Ninth House' - thought it would show my real name: Deb Houlding

Alex Trenoweth said...

Hey Deb, thanks for stopping by. I love the work you're doing on the BBC complaint. I've mentioned it again in the next blog. Keep me updated and let me know if there is anything I can do.